Why I dance....

 


It is the year of reflections; I am turning 40 this year - another blog post might deal with that...It is my year to have a proper, justified reason for everything I choose to spend my time, efforts and energy. Things and people that do not make the cut, I might have to bid goodbye...Yes, you can call it decluttering, but it is not only that. It is about living my life with an intention and a purpose...

So, I have been doing bellydancing for a few years now. I started when I was a Masters student, although I have been informally dancing on top of chairs and tables my whole life.. Then the PhD and the pregnancies and the babies became the reason for having a break. And then? I missed it much, and I found Ioanna and her sisterhood. 

But why do I really dance?

I dance...

To find me through the melodies and reconnect with my true self through the rhythm.

To savour every step, every spin, and every connection with the music.

To explore my emotions and embrace my vulnerability.

To laugh from the depths of my heart, to enjoy the present moment.

To express and channel my nostalgia for my home country through familiar sounds.

To share my time with women who are strong, resilient and inspiring..with women who are present....with women who take care of themselves to care for others.

To relive again the ten seconds before the music of my choreography starts and I wait behind the curtain and..

To enjoy the ten seconds that I can hardly breathe at the end of the dance on stage.

To challenge myself, my body, my skills, and my capacity, both mental and physical.

To push my boundaries - that is where my strength, resilience, and growth potential are discovered.

To discover where one does not need to overwork and overachieve or, on the other extreme, have strict limits, but where one evolves with them.

To discover inevitable happiness...


...and I am sure there are life lessons in all these, lessons for self-improvement, appreciating myself more, loving me deeper...

#loveME #life_with_a_purpose


   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

40 - a challenge and an opportunity

Surprise them (and you) with kindness

The liberation of knowing your purpose