40 - a challenge and an opportunity


If you have gone through it , you know what I mean. This year many of my reflections and decisions were filtered through this lens…the 40- lens….

Reaching the age of 40, I experienced a range of emotions. There has been some reflection, reflecting on the ups and downs of life and understanding how much everything has changed. It did evoke feelings of nostalgia as well as a serious pause to examine where I have been and where I am going.

At the same time, turning 40 feels like a time when I can have more confidence and self-assurance. There is a sense of being more at ease with oneself and that it is good to be myself, regardless of cultural and societal expectations. It is a time for introspection and perhaps a gentle acceptance of the knowledge that comes with age, all while looking forward to what will come.

As I turned 40, I have better understood what genuinely counts in relationships. Genuine friendships have taken on new meaning. Quality has surpassed quantity in my life, and I find joy in genuine relationships founded on trust and shared experiences. In a world that frequently values superficial connections, this year has taught me to respect people who support me through life's ups and downs, emphasising the sincerity of relationships over the sheer quantity of acquaintances.

I have become increasingly conscious of the value of time. Time is irreplaceable once spent, and this awareness has been a driving factor in establishing my priorities. Every hour is now viewed as a valuable commodity, requiring an effort to invest wisely in activities that provide pleasure and delight. The value of time has grown, whether it is quiet moments of introspection or sharing laughs with loved ones. Turning 40 has reminded me of the value of living in the moment, making the most of every opportunity, and cherishing meaningful experiences.

My life has been marked by confusion and pondering in recent months. However, navigating through this interesting era has given me a greater feeling of happiness. I am deliberately redefining who I am, discarding old layers and rediscovering areas of life that are truly important and valuable. It's a journey of self-discovery, an investigation of what it genuinely means to me and accepting the changes that come with it. While this era was originally puzzling, it has become a chance for growth and a greater connection with myself. 

Turning 40 has guided me to more authenticity and deeper connections. 
And let us be honest though, wisdom and calmness has not been instilled in me from the one day to another...This post may serve as a reminder in the months and years to come that I am work in progress...

"Life really begins at 40...until then you just do research.."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise them (and you) with kindness

The liberation of knowing your purpose